Pretty simple: I want a VPS (or similar, something I can install
git-annex on) that has a large amount of disk; multiple hundres of gigabytes.
Things I've looked at so far:
Bignodes.com's "Big data VPS"
- 125g for $20/year (so $1.66/mo). The transfer limits are low, only 250g
- Double the storage, ram, and transfer for $4/mo
- Keep doubling all the numbers for the next prices/specs :)
- Doesn't met the VPS/install git-annex requirement, but it's a basic ssh remote, which is nice
- Still so expensive! 8 cents / gig / month. So for 125g that's $10/mo!
- I love their service conceptually though (another reason to list it)
- Smallest option is 250g for $10/mo
- Their shared host option has unlimited storage?!?!?!
- No git-annex direct install, but I can probably get the standalone install to work.